Kevin Smith is in the hizzzzzouse with us at Comic-Con, and we want you help us design a series of limited edition Jay and Silent Bob iPhone 4 cases! All you need to do is submit an original design using iconic scenes, lines and references to Jay and Silent Bob as your inspiration on our Facebook Page. And you better get your creative juices flowing for this contest because the three winning entries will be chosen by the fellas themselves, Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes!
“My Father taught me to weigh my words carefully, and speak up only when I had something insightful to add to the proceedings, or something really funny to say. He also taught me that if I couldn’t be that kind of guy in real life, that I could earn a healthy living pretending to be that guy in the movies–particularly when paired up with a long haired stoner.” ~ Kevin Smith, My Boring Ass Life
Silent Bob’s distinguishing features are his long coat, dark hair, beard, and backwards baseball cap. True to his name, Silent Bob rarely speaks but when he does he often has something profound or thoughtful to say, delivering insightful monologues to the other characters only in appropriate situations. Otherwise he relies on hand gestures and facial expressions to communicate. Jay once mentioned that Silent Bob rarely talks because he feels he leaves a major impact when he does speak.
Jay is thinner and slightly taller than Bob, and has long blond hair. In several of the later View Askewniverse films, Jay wears a black beanie. In Clerks, the first film to feature the duo, Jay wears a baseball cap.
- Submit ONE (1) unique, original illustrations. 2000×2000 pixel JPEG. (Use our DIY tool to see what your design will look like on an iPhone 4 case.)
- Include BOTH Jay and Silent Bob in your design
- Include the text, “Jay and Silent Bob” in your design
- All designs must be uploaded by 11:59pm PST on Tuesday, August 9, 2011
- Do not submit copyrighted work. (If you see artwork that belongs to another artist please let us know, by providing a link to the original, so we can delete it from the contest.)
- Don’t use clip art or photos
- Entries deemed offensive or vulgar will be disqualified. (Yes, we know it’s Jay and Silent Bob. Just try to be reasonable – we’ll be as open-minded as possible.)
- Three designs will be chosen: one (1) Grand Prize and two (2) runners-up.
- One (1) Grand Prize winning designer will be awarded $500. The two (2) runners-up will be awarded $100 each.
- The three winning designs will be featured on an iPhone 4 case from Case-Mate.
- Winners will be announced during the JAY AND SILENT BOB GET OLD show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas on Friday, August 12, 2011.
How to Enter
1. Go to www.facebook.com/casemate
2. Submit your unique Jay and Silent Bob design
3. Get your friends to vote for your design! Once the submission period has ended, Case-Mate will present the 10 images with the most votes and five of Case-Mate’s favorites to Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes, who will choose their top three cases (Their favorite and two runners-up).
4. If you are having trouble submitting your design please email it with the following information to:
- SUBJECT: Jay & Silent Bob Design Submission
- FULL NAME:
- COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:
- BIRTHDATE (Ex. 01/11/1981):
- DESIGN NAME: (Must be less than 30 characters)