We’re ecstatic to announce the launch of our Nine Inch Nails customizer to our collection of custom case designs in our I Make My Case gallery! To celebrate the launch we have several contests we’re running to give away free Nine Inch Nails cases to our awesome fans!
How to Design Your Own Case:
1. Start by going to iMakeMyCase.com and select your DEVICE. Then click ‘Choose this Case‘.
Currently we can customize cases for the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Curve 8520/9300/3GiPod Touch 4G, iPhone 3G/3GS and iPhone 4. In addition to Barely There we offer a Tough case for the iPhone 3/3GS and 4. More device options will be available soon, including iPad 2 and an ID case!
2. Once you click ‘Choose this Case‘ you will be brought to the I Make My Case gallery. Here you can scroll through all our artists and bands. Scroll to the Nine Inch Nails (NIN) case and select it by clicking on the design.
3. After you select NIN, the animation will zoom you into the NIN Design Studio, where you can make a custom design based on all the NIN album artwork.
- Begin by selecting your favorite background
- Then start adding some of the different design elements
- You can also play around with the Mirror, Colorize or Kaleidoscope tool.
- If you want to go back a step click UNDO. If you want to start from a new canvas click RESET. If you want to save your design for later click SAVE.
- One you SAVE your design you can return later to make further edits or purchase.
TIPS from COLOURlovers:
Most of the design tools work by selecting an element — hovering over the case — and then clicking & dragging your mouse over the case to make it change, spin and flip in different directions. For instance, the Mirror Tool has a horizontal as well as vertical flip depending on where you position your mouse. The kaleidoscope can produce all sorts of wacky results the more you rotate-drag your mouse around the case. I find using the mirror and then the kaleidoscope tool one after the other produces some wild effects.
Warning from COLOURlovers: Unless you want a pre-designed NIN case, do not click on the “What Would NIN Do?” button in the Tools panel – it will take you away from your design (just hit “close” at the top of the designs to go back to your design).
The case printing is pretty high-end too. The cases are made with a 3D printing process that actually embeds the inks directly within the case. This is nicer than ink applied over a shell because it ensures your case won’t get those ugly scuff’s and scratches from every day use. The print, as you can see in the preview of my case (above image) – also completely wraps around the edge of the case. You can find more details about the printing and quality/durability in the About section of imakemycase.com.
5. Finally, once you have finished designing your case, click SAVE and you will be taken to a screen where you can buy, download or share an image of your case on Facebook, Twitter or Flickr! You can return to edit your case by clicking EDIT.
DESIGN ID: If you have won a contest and we ask you to send us your Design ID. After you have designed your case, click Check Out Now and you will be taken to My Cart. Below the design you will see a six digit combination of numbers and letters.
Enter Our Design Contest with NIN Hotline
2. SHARE your case design(s) in one of the three ways:
- Post the image in the comments of this blog post or
- Tweet the image to @NINhotline with the hashtag #iMakeMyNINcase or
- Email the image to email@example.com
3. The NIN Hotline will choose their 10 favorite NIN designs to win a free NIN case!
Win Our Entire NIN Collection
- Enter to win a framed piece of artwork with all 41 of our original Nine Inch Nails cases HERE! You will design the 42 case to complete the collection.