Industrial Designer Erik Arlen and New Nordstrom Collections Offer Fashion-Forward Options for the Latest Must-Have Tech Accessories
ATLANTA, November 18, 2010 — case-mate®, known for its innovative accessories that protect, adorn and enhance mobile technology, has tapped modern industrial designer Erik Arlen to create an edgy new line of mobile tech cases in time for holiday gift-giving. This line joins the newly-released Nordstrom Collections as the latest style-savvy offerings from case-mate.
Best known for his innovative shoe designs for Nike, Arlen brings his industrial aesthetic to case-mate consumers with a collection that incorporates bold colors, textures and modular pieces.
“Fashion-forward consumers will love the look and feel of the line Erik has designed,” said Shashi Reddy, founder and CEO of case-mate. “Our collaboration with Erik underscores our commitment to innovative design, quality craftsmanship and personal expression, and is just the first of many such design partnerships to come.”
The Erik Arlen for case-mate line includes four distinctive designs:
- The Egg, $24.99, extruded dots of different heights simulate the distinctive look of an egg crate and create an interesting feel in hand. Available in red, white, blue and black.
- Facets, $24.99, random intersections of varying-size triangles visually inspire while three different coatings provide interest to the touch. Available in red, white or black.
- The Rubix, $34.99, four interlocking color blocks let consumers customize the look of their case.
- Stacks, $34.99, six color bands lock together to create a case in endless color combinations.
The Erik Arlen for case-mate line is available only at www.case-mate.com.
Joining Arlen’s collection are the Nordstrom product lines from case-mate. The collections for men and women feature distinctive iPhone and iPad cases in fashionable colors and finishes. New eco-friendly packaging includes a seed and soil kit, allowing consumers to turn their garbage into a garden.
For the iPad (Men’s and Women’s)
- Venture: More than just a case – the Venture also converts into a stand. The iPad gets slipped into the case, which is a folder design that easily flips into a stand allowing users to determine the appropriate angle for any environment. Available in brown leather and a variety of faux lizard skins in colors including hot pink, gold, black and purple.
For the iPhone (Women’s)
- Barely There Wrap: The thinnest case-mate case, the Barely There offers a layer of protection and polish while leaving more of your device’s design visible. Made of a hard-to-break shell that’s also flexible and impact resistant, this case is available in hot pink, gold, green, black and purple faux reptile skin fabrics.
- Hula: Open in the front and back, Hula is designed to show-off the maximum amount of your devices beauty while still shielding the phone around its edges from hard surfaces. Made of impact resistant material, the Hula comes in a variety of colors including pink, green, blue, white and red.
- ID: This multi-tasker protects your phone from scrapes and scratches while offering a place to store must-haves like a driver’s license, credit card, subway pass, and more. Comes in a variety of colors including hot pink, purple, green and silver.
- Artist Series: The ultimate in artistic expression, choose a case that features the art of internationally-renowned graphic artists, including Deanne Cheuk, Matt Moore, Shadow Chen and Cinda B.
For the iPhone (Men’s)
- Barely There 2: Building off of the popular Barely There style, the BT 2 offers men distinctive construction with the same slim design. Mixing metallic edging with cognac or black inserts, the BT2 mimics the interior of your favorite sports car.
- Flip Wallet: With a slot to hold your credit cards and ID, this textured leather case lets you leave your wallet at home while protecting your smartphone in style. Available and black and brown.
- POP!: Using the innovative technique of co-molding, the Pop! Seamlessly integrates two supportive materials to bring you the best of both worlds—a hard case with soft handling. Available in white/grey and black/grey color combinations.
- Torque: Vroom, vroom. Perfect for the car enthusiast, this case draws inspiration from the treads on a tire and comes in an assortment of colors including, black, black and green, grey and green, grey and black, red and black and yellow and black.
The collections are available on case-mate.com and at more than 100 Nordstrom stores nationwide. Prices begin at $19.99.
Launching innovative accessories since 2006, case-mate combines design engineering with cutting-edge materials to protect, adorn and enhance mobile technology. case-mate employees comprise entrepreneurs and innovators from around the world who believe that there is nothing more important than the freedom of self-expression. Our mantra “Freedom To Be Truly You” inspires every creative output, every day. This core principle carries through our products, packaging and partnerships and brings to life case-mate’s vision in a dynamic technology marketplace. To learn more, please visit http://www.case-mate.com.